Single bookings now available!
As COVID restrictions are eased in British Columbia, Skitchine Lodge will be returning to our pre-pandemic booking policy. As a result, Stillwater School participants no longer need to book with a buddy, and can register solo.
As a single participant, you will be assigned a room and a roommate by our team upon arrival. If you feel uncomfortable being assigned a shared room, we encourage you to book with a friend who you will bunk with. Rest assured that the health and safety of our guests at Skitchine Lodge is our top priority. All current Provincial Health Orders will be followed and our health and safety protocols remain in place.
We are pleased to announce that we are partnering once again with Phil Rowley to put on the second annual Skitchine Lodge Stillwater School!
Based on feedback from the last year’s attendees, we have added a day to our 2022 course to provide more one-on-one instruction time on the water with Phil.
With fifteen lakes full of wild rainbow trout in a protected wilderness setting, Skitchine Lodge is the perfect place to hone your stillwater fly-fishing skills. This course combines seminar instruction in our spacious lodge with on the water sessions in our fully outfitted boats.
During the month of June, you will have the opportunity to perfect a variety of chironomid skills including indicator tactics, floating line long leader tactics, and sinking line tactics. Our lakes also boast healthy mayfly and caddis fly populations, so casting dry and emerger patterns is a distinct possibility. Additional instruction will also be provided on fishing dries and emergers, sinking line techniques, loch style as well as casting instruction.
Space is limited to 12 fly fishers to provide the maximum quality experience and ensure everyone gets to spend time with the instructors.
Our 2022 Stillwater School will run from Sunday, June 12 to Thursday, June 16, 2022, including 5 days of instruction and four nights at the lodge. The price is $1,995 per person. See below for further course details and policies.
Last year’s course sold out, so contact firstname.lastname@example.org to book your spot today!
2022 Stillwater Fly Fishing School Dates and Details
Sunday, June 12 – Thursday, June 16, 2022
$1995+tax (CAD) per person
Included in Price
- Group sessions
- One-on-one instruction period
Accommodation and meals at Skitchine Lodge
- 2 guests per room
- Plated dinner paired with wine, hot served breakfast, packed to-go lunches.
- Beer and assorted beverages available throughout the day.
Access to boats
Boats on Dagger Lake have motors; all others are rowboats.
Not Included in Price
- Transportation to and from Skitchine Lodge is not included
- Fly fishing rods and equipment are not included, but there is a fully stocked fly shop at Skitchine Lodge
- B.C Fishing License is not included but can be purchased online at Freshwater Fishing E-License
Upon confirmation of your booking, you will be provided with equipment and fly pattern recommendations.
Terms for booking
- Single bookings accepted. Participants will be assigned a room and a roommate for the duration of their stay.
- Two person bookings accepted. Participants who book together will be assigned a room to share while at the lodge.
- 50% at time of booking and 50% on departure
- Full cost of trip will be charged to guests if cancellation is within 7 days of arrival date.
- No penalty if refunds are done more than 7 days out from arrival date
Further COVID policy information is available upon request and will be emailed to you upon confirmation of your booking.
Please note: this course cannot be booked using our online booking tool, so please email the lodge directly.
All participants of this year’s Stillwater School receive one of twelve incredible prizes and an awesome swag pack.🎣
❤️ We’d like to thank our sponsors for these awesome prizes and swag pack items and for helping us create an awesome experience.
Gaspe Fly Co.
Jackson Hole Fly Co.
Montana Fly Company
Mystic Fly Rods
Phil Rowley Fishing
Trout Waters Fly and Tackle
About Phil Rowley
Fly fishing educator, guide, fly designer, author, video producer, brand ambassador. Host of Phil Rowley Fly Fishing
Photo credits: Tom Evans and Dave Mercer